LOLLIPOP'S NEON DJ MIX


Part of the enjoyment of my blog is to be able to share things about myself and my career in music. Here is something you probably did not know about me…

I am a sound/color synesthete. In the psychological phenomenon known as synesthesia,
individuals' sensory systems are a bit more intertwined than usual. Some people, for example, report seeing colors when musical notes are played. Like most synesthetes, I consider it a gift - an additional "hidden" sense.  Without being fully aware of it, I apply this gift when enjoying music and creating mixes. Besides using a songs’ tempo, key and energy level, I sequence and mix individual music tracks together based on color harmony. This “visualization” of sound is why I might prefer a particular remix of a song over another for the context of what I’m trying to create.

"We are each gifted in a unique and important way.
It is our privilege & our adventure to discover our own special light."
Colorfully assembled here for your entertainment is an amazing set of the hottest new club bangers. Play this one loud! I know you'll enjoy this mix. I hope it inspires you in whatever you do! As for me… I am Lollipop, the NEON DJ.

LOLLIPOP'S NEON DJ MIX
Jody Watley - A Beautiful Life (Lost Daze Mix)
Mandy Moore - Extrodinary (Bill Hamel Mix)
Sugarbabes - Girls (Smart & Dove Mix)
Solange - Sandcastle Disco (Lost Daze Mix)
Chris Lake - Only One (Original Mix)
Antoine Clamaran ft Lulu Hughes - Give Some Love (Klaas Mix)
Freemasons ft Katherine Ellis - When You Touch Me (2008 Club Mix)
Kylie Minogue - The One (Freemasons Mix)
Bingo Players Vs Chocolate Puma - Touch Me (Bart B More Mix)
Lindsay Lohan - Bossy (Josh Harris Mix)
Ne-Yo - Closer (Stonebridge Mix)
Kim Leoni - Medicine (Extended Mix)
Alyson - Here With Me (Klubjumpers Mix)
Keo Nozari - Rewind (Jody Den Broeder Mix)
Rihanna - Disturbia (Jody Den Broeder Mix)
Ercola ft Daniella - Every Word (Kos Mix)
Morgan Page ft Tyler James - Call My Name (Gold Mix)
Kressha Turner - Don't Call Me Baby (Morel Mix)
Natasha Bedingfield - Angel (Moto Blanco Mix)
Tami Chynn ft Akon - Frozen (Ralphi Rosario Mix)
Tiffany - Just Another Day (Dave Aude Club Mix)
Anna Grace - You Make Me Feel (Voodoo & Serano Mix)
Cascada - Faded (Dave Ramone Electro Mix)


HQ PODCAST DOWNLOAD: CLICK HERE



20 comments:

  1. My goodness! The definition alone jacked me up! No wonder you are creative and interpretive...and pound out GREAT rhythms! Thank you for this insight into your psyche and to boldly bring us in :) Take care and thanks for sharing!...B

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lineup look awesome!

    Thx man! :) Muzo

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey lollipop, I love your music!!!it's super nice
    all the best from Berlin, Germany

    Hannes

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stuff, very talented. I don't want to miss out on anything. Thanks!!

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loooove your work!

    Thanks,
    Andrew Neal

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your site!

    Nelson

    Wilmington,Delaware

    ReplyDelete
  7. My name is Manny Kubale
    I DJ in a special Club in Bloemfontein (Freestate South Africa) which is the oldest of it`s kind in Southern Africa (It`s name is Buzerant). The music choice recorded by Lollipop sounds very much like myself. I do not play House or Rave since we are a Longarm, Country, Local - "S.A. Urban, S.A. Afrikaans, S.A.Traditional, S.A.Rock & Pop" and Hipp-Hopp as well as Techno Club. Once at night you even hear a Waltz. Our Clients age ranges from 18 till 60+. Opening at 21:00 and clothing 04:00 hours.
    With kind regards

    Manny Kubale "DJ Manny"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey I love you work, can't wait to hear this mix! -ANS

    ReplyDelete
  9. F***ing Awesome!

    Eddie

    ReplyDelete
  10. DUDEEEE!!! What can I say...you're blowin' my mind again with this set. Frankly I'm frikkin jealous.
    Anyway I humbly hope you try my new set at my blog www.mixsetsunlimited.blogspot.com called " THE BODY ELECTRIC"
    Not as good as yours, but I'm trying...LOL!!! Cheers man

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Lollipop, I just wanted to add its been since the 15th I got this mix from you and it's still going strong on rotation in my car.
    Cheers again and happy mixing...
    DJColourzone

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks, this is a really nice mix. Have used a few of the songs in some of my recent mixes but combined differently...it's good confirmation it's good music.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi DJ Lollipop.

    ugh, forgive my ADD for my last message... i didn't realize I wasn't done before pressing send... i also meant to say there is new music in your mix I haven't been exposed to yet and it's nice to hear new/different/good things in this genre... really good work.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  14. Spin till the Speakers Bleed!

    David I (aka DJ DZIAK)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Larry,
    Well done! I listened this morning while taking my other half to work out of town. Have a good one and Thanx again.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Larry, I love your stuffs and always looking forward to your newest mixshow. As a matter of fact, I already had your posting schedule to be posted in the next few days but then I decided to post it right away. Thank you for providing us such a cool music :) Cheers! Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  17. I AM SO JEALOUS!!!!

    Juan

    ReplyDelete
  18. The technics is perfect!

    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  19. MARVELOUSSSSSSSSSS BLOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read all comments and appreciate the feedback and ideas for upcoming posts. DJ Lollipop / Larry :)