LOLLIPOP'S ULTIMATE RAINY DAY MIX



“Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.” Anonymous, 1964
“Rain is grace; rain is the sky condescending to the earth; without rain, there would be no life.” John Updike, 1932
“The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain.” Dolly Parton, 1979

I have a very special posting to share...

It is my Ultimate Rainy Day Mix.

Like many people - I love rain. I look forward to rainy days the way some people look forward to vacations. When the dark clouds gather and the muffled sound of thunder can be heard in the distance, I anxiously await the plink... drip... plink... sounds of raindrops as they begin to fall. Life slows down. The rain cleanses, refreshes, and nurtures the Earth.  We don’t get much rain in Southern California but according to my mid-Western upbringing, now is the time when “April showers bring May flowers”. When we do get some precipitation here in the O.C., it creates a moody, magical, almost spiritual feeling. It is a global experience everyone can relate to. This mix was created specifically for that rainy day.

NOTE: Something all great disc jockeys have in common is the skill to play just the right song at just the right time. The programming is in your hands now. Save this mix for a rainy day and experience how transforming it can be. If the rainy season has past already where you live, this special mix will remind you of one of those wet days. I know you’ll enjoy this. PS: Stay dry!


LOLLIPOP'S ULTIMATE RAINY DAY MIX 
SWV - Rain
Madonna - Rain
Oran "Juice" Jones - The Rain
Astrud Gilberto - Here's That Rainy Day
Eruption - I Can't Stand The Rain
B.J. Thomas - Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head
Dinah Washington - Stormy Weather
Prince - Purple Rain
Peter, Paul & Mary - It's Raining
Albert Hammond - It Never Rains In Southern California
Supertramp - It's Raining Again
The Fortunes - Here Comes That Rainy Day Feeling Again
Seidah Garrett - Rain Down Love
Eurythmics - Here Comes the Rain Again
Eddie Rabbitt - I Love a Rainy Night
Gene Kelly - Singin' In the Rain
Neil Sedaka - Laughter In the Rain
Carpenters - Rainy Days & Mondays
Pia Zadora & Jermaine Jackson - When the Rain Begins to Fall
The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
Eddie Kendricks - Date with the Rain

HQ PODCAST DOWNLOAD: CLICK HERE



7 comments:

  1. thanks a lot Lollipop! I downloaded and listened to this this morning in bed. what a nice way to start the day.. now I wish it really was raining. I'm in the mood for it!

    Lani

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT!!!

    Greg R.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mix,Lollipop...I wish u could have put 17 Days by Prince (When the rain comes down,down...),but the word rain wasn't in the actual title...Then again,I don't see It's Raining Men either :P Good Job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pia Zadora song is so good. great job Lollipop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG...when I was in high school, I would sit there thinking of "rain" songs cuz I always wanted to make a mix tape with all of them. Never did end up doing that, but then came this mix. I thank you so much for it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 26, 2008

    Dear Lollipop, thank you for putting up a great music site. I really enjoy your DJ mixes and I look forward to plenty more mixes from you.
    Your mixes are great! I love listening to them all the time (I really like your 80's megamixes the best).
    What I'm try to say is keep up the good mixing and your site is #1 in my book!!!

    Thank you - Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. AnonymousMay 28, 2008

    I love your mixes. They really are great! Are you posting more soon?

    Nick
    South Africa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read all comments and appreciate the feedback and ideas for upcoming posts. DJ Lollipop / Larry :)