LOLLIPOP'S PSYCHEDELIC MAX MIX

In honor of 1967's "Summer of Love" 40th Anniversary and my meeting of America's premier pop artist PETER MAX, I have created a very special mix.

I guarantee you've never heard anything like it!


This summer, my partner Allan & I traveled to New York on an art trip where we were invited to PETER MAX's office for a private party. There we enjoyed seeing the inner sanctum of one of America's cultural legends. I was absolutely thrilled to see so many large pieces of his work and his collection of eclectic souveniers which included President Clinton's saxaphone, a full sized fiberglass cow, a 6' tall soda pop bottle and the signed piano from 'Ringo Starr' all glowing in psychedelic colors painted by the man himself.

The best part of this experience was being invited into PETER MAX's personal painting studio by Peter himself. He was warm and genuine as he welcomed me by shaking my hand and showing me where he creates his art. He showed me his painting easels, brushes, paints and the DJ booth he has set up in the corner of the room. TURNTABLES! lol - apparently he likes to paint accompanied by a musical muse and has someone come in and keep the tunes going for him while other members of the entourage jam on bongos and other percussion instruments. GROOVY COOL!!!!!!!! I promised Peter that I would send him some music. I created the MAX MIX for him to paint to (and you get to share and enjoy it too!)

"Not necessarily stoned... but beautiful" (Jimi Hendrix: 1967)

Download, turn on, tune in and let your mind float downstream.... peace!

LOLLIPOP'S PSYCHEDELIC MAX MIX
Tommy James & The Shondells - Crimson and Clover
Donovan - Hurdy Gurdy Man
Alive 'N Kickin' - Tighter, Tighter
The Jimi Hendrix Experience - Voodoo Child
Cream - I Feel Free
Jimi Hendrix - Are You Experienced?
Paul Mauriat & Orchestra - Love Is Blue
Tommy Roe - Dizzy
The Beatles - Strawberry Fields Forever
Cream - Strange Brew
Jefferson Airplane - White Rabbit
Jimi Hendrix - Purple Haze
Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride
Cream - White Room
The Lemon Pipers - Green Tambourine
The Chambers Brothers - Time Has Come Today
Iron Butterfly - In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida
The Beatles - A Day In The Life
The Beatles - Within You / Tomorrow
Shocking Blue - Venus
Jefferson Airplane - Somebody To Love
Strawberry Alarm Clock - Incense and Peppermint
The Electric Prunes - I Had Too Much to Dream
Steppenwolf - Born to Be Wild

HQ PODCAST DOWNLOAD: CLICK HERE


9 comments:

  1. I LOVE psychedlic rock - this is the best mix I've EVER heard!! Way to go!

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found this great - awesome !!!!get it


    Chaz

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 10, 2008

    I'm baffled! Great work, wonderful mix - Thanks so much! THE CHAIRMAN

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousMay 10, 2008

    A splendid mix!!!! The "Dizzy" - "Strawbarry fields forever" mash-up is great! It's high time Dj's are finding creative ways of mixing the past in a present way!

    kupit

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 10, 2008

    When I first heard this I was like...wow...so many classics mixed together. :) Thanks for the nice mix.
    Ronnie
    psychedeliclion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. AnonymousMay 10, 2008

    This is a MASTER mix! Thanks for sharing, and thanks to DJ Lollipop for putting this together. :)

    DL

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Larry,
    Any chance to hav you re post this?
    Nice selection-Just discovered, downloaded Disco Funk Very nice. I used to DJ/mix in the 70's- 80's good memories.
    Thanks!
    MF

    ReplyDelete
  8. MF - Link has been repaired - perhaps it was trippin'...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great Mix! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read all comments and appreciate the feedback and ideas for upcoming posts. DJ Lollipop / Larry :)