LOLLIPOP'S 1987 TOP TUNE MEDLEY


I recently rented a DAT machine (very 80's) and transfered some old DAT's that had studio production on them from when I also did production. I found a glorious medley I thought you would enjoy. This one is all 1987 club hits that I was spinning at the time. I now do digital editing and it's funny to think that I originally put this together on a Tascam 4 track by just overlaying vinyl records and using a razor blade and tape to physically cut and edit it together! Oh my did it take a lot of time!!!!! It's so much easier now.


LOLLIPOP'S 1987 TOP TUNE MEDLEY
Lean On Me - Club Nouveau
Living In A Box - Living In A Box
I Want Your Sex - George Michael
Why Can’t I Be You - The Cure
Who’s That Girl - Madonna
Hard Day - George Michael
La Isle Bonita - Madonna
Sometimes - Erasure
Dinner with Gershwin - Donna Summer
Serious - Donna Allen
Need You Tonight - INXS
Knew You Were Waiting - Aretha Franklin
The Real Thing - Jellybean
Looking For A New Love - Jody Watley
Diamonds - Herb Alpert
Time Of My Life - Medley & Warnes
Don't You Want Me - Jody Watley
Fake - Alexander O’Neal
Open Your Heart - Madonna
Breakout - Swingout Sister
Show Me - Cover Girls
Tina Cherry - Georgio
Get You Back - Breakfast Club
Each Time You Break - Nick Kamins
True Faith - New Order
Cross My Broken Heart - The Jets
Big Time - Peter Gabriel
Bad - Michael Jackson
Pleasure Principle - Janet Jackson
Land Of Confusion - Genesis
Rock Steady - Whispers
Strangelove - Depeche Mode
Come Go With Me - Expose
Lovers Lane - Georgio
Silent Morning - Noel
Catch Me I'm Falling - Pretty Poison
Pump Up Tile Volume - M.A.R.R.S.
Dance with Somebody - Whitney Houston
Change Of Heart - Cyndi Lauper
Tell It To My Heart - Taylor Dayne
Join In The Chant - Nitzer Ebb
Shake Your Love - Debbie Gibson
Head To Toe - Lisa Lisa & Cult Jam
System Of Survival - Earth Wind & Fire
Causing A Commotion - Madonna
Turn It Up - Michael Davidson
Victim Of Love - Erasure
Fascinated - Company B
In Love With Love - Debbie Harry
Jump Start - Natalie Cole
I Heard A Rumor - Bananarama
So Emotional - Whitney Houston
Showing Out - Mel & Kim
Certain Things - KTP
Nothin' But a Party - Phil Fearon
Respectable - Mel & Kim
Heartbreak Beat - Psychedelic Furs
Keep Me Hanging On - Kim Wilde
When Smokey Sings - ABC
U Got The Look - Prince
Heaven Is A Place On Earth - Belinda Carlisle
Big Love - Fleetwood Mac
Only In My Dreams - Debbie Gibson
Funky Town - Pseudo Echo
I Think Were Alone - Tiffany
It’s A Sin - Pet Shop Boys
Something In My House - Dead Or Alive
Boom Boom Boom - Paul Lekakis
Never Can Say Goodbye - Communards
Pop Goes The World - Men Without Hats

HQ PODCAST DOWNLOAD: CLICK HERE


12 comments:

  1. this is excellent. It brings back so many memories - thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work!

    The Ref

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's a lot of songs. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent work! I can just imagine how time consuming it must've been doing it as explained back then. I like mixes. Nice initiative of you.

    Kenneth

    ReplyDelete
  5. The song selection took me right back to 1470 West in Dayton, OH where I was DJing circa 1987. Wish I still had some of my mixes from back then LOL
    Thanks for the great blog!

    Maxx Mooney aka DJ Maxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whoa. Definately a very cool mix. How I wish to find megamixes like this nowadays. Those mixes from the 80s and 90s are still the best, like MaxMix, Bolero Mix. You can't imagine how many hours have DJ Lollipop used to make this mix! Considering the techniques that was being used. Sometimes I think today's technology is to be blamed for making bad mixes. Just wondering is DJ Lollipop still making mixes like these with current chart topping tunes?

    Cheers, Leon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Steven said...

    Absolutely great mix of 80s tunes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OK 80's music fans...I found a link for ya!

    It's from Lollipop, and it's a mp3 of hits from 1987!

    Have fun!!!

    Richard Montgomery High School Class of 1987 - 20 Year Reunion!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That was enjoyable. Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. AnonymousJune 03, 2011

    Hey!!! When I downloadeds it gives me the 1982 instead of 187 mix!!! Please fix it!!!

    Thank yoou!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. DJ LollipopJune 05, 2011

    Sorry about that - link is fixed. enjoy 1987 in all it's glory!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am VERY impressed! These are the songs that were playing when I first starting going to clubs. Brings me back. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a comment. I read all comments and appreciate the feedback and ideas for upcoming posts. DJ Lollipop / Larry :)