LOLLIPOP'S 1981 TOP TUNE MEDLEY



The 1981 Top Tune Medley is the first record I ever made. It is a collection of all the big dancefloor filling hits from my first nightclub in Chicago called "POETS" on 5 West Division Street.

When I produced this first medley, I was still learning all the tricks of editing. Also, all the songs used were hits during 1981. Some were released at the end of 1980, but my production was a sonic snapshot of what was packing dancefloors in Chicago that year.

I was 17 years old at the time and working with a fake ID that said I was 22 - I still can't believe I got away with it. lol. What fun. I was so niave. I just wanted to spin records for a packed dancefloor. I hope this brings back lots of great memories for you. I bet it will!

LOLLIPOP'S 1981 TOP TUNE MEDLEY

Rapture – Blondie
Get Down On It – Kool & The Gang
So Ruff So Tuff – Roger
Never Too Much – Luther Vandross
Upside Down – Diana Ross
Countdown (Captain Fingers) – Lee Ritenour
Don’t Stop – K.I.D.
Paradise – Change
Try It Out – Gino Soccio
Get On Up & Do It Again – Suzy Q
Nights (Feel Like Getting Down) – Billy Ocean
Funky Song – Fantasy
Fantastic Voyage – Lakeside
Zulu – The Quick
Something About You - Ebonee Webb
Let’s Start To Dance 1981 - Bohannon
Get On Up – Suzy Q
Call Me – Skyy
Lady – The Commodores
Give It To Me Baby – Rick James
Controversy – Prince
Bustin’ Out – Material ft. Nona Hendrix
Can You Move – Modern Romance
Celebration – Kool & The Gang
Stars On 45 – Stars On
Let’s Groove Tonight – Earth, Wind & Fire
Do You Love Me – Patti Austin
Cool – The Time
Menergy – Patrick Cowley

HQ PODCAST DOWNLOAD: CLICK HERE